Home Remedies Sagging Eyelids and Puffy Eyes Relief
Some of us are born with hooded eyelids, which, as we get older become sagging eyelids leaving us googling “home remedies sagging eyelids” or “home remedies for puffy eyes”. I have dealt with this my whole life and really HATE pictures of myself where you can barely see my eyelashes and can’t tell I am even wearing eye shadow! So, I after some trial and error, I found some natural remedies for drooping eyelids and those pesky puffy eyes that seem to be working for me and I want to share!
The First Remedy: Treatment Sagging Eyelids and Puffy Eyes
I use essential oils for just about everything from my body to my home! I have a basic care set that I recommend to people who want to start as beginners. With that set you can create your own recipe for sagging eyelids! However, I have ONE ITEM I now use instead of creating my own mixture!
I actually bought the NOW brand Lavender Almond Massage Essential Oil (shown here) for issues with under the breast sweating and infections, but quickly realized it’s great for so many things!
The ingredients within this essential oil mixture contain the perfect properties for tightening, smoothing, and moisturizing eyes to get rid of saggy eyelids.
It contains: Sweet Almond Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, and Vitamins A, D and E.
Perfect Ingredients to Tighten Skin Eyelids and Puffy Eyes:
- Sweet Almond Oil – is rich in “skin vitamins”. It includes monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins and zinc. It is a favorite massage oil and great for nourishing skin.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – is full of anti aging vitamins and hydrating compound, making it perfect to use as firming oil. It can also reduces facial dark spots.
- Grapeseed Oil – Grapes have nutritional and medicinal properties and have been used in many home remedies for centuries. Grape Seed Oil provides lasting moisture and will tighten loose skin and nourish rough elbows, knees, feet and cracked heels.
- Lavender Oil – it is a circulatory stimulant and helps to prevent scarring, prevents pregnancy stretch marks, stop chronic scalp itch and cures dandruff. Effective treatment for skin discoloration, rosacea, eczema, scars, psoriasis, alopecia, seborrheic and atopic dermatitis.
My Home Remedy Drooping Eyelids and Puffy Eyes
You will need:
- 1 Egg White
- Small plastic container for storing egg white (up to 1 week in fridge)
- The Almond Lavender Massage Essential Oil
Steps to Tighten Skin Eyelids and Puffy Eyes with Egg White Eye Mask:
- Pour a small teaspoon size amount off EGG WHITE into the palm of your hand.
- Add 5 or 6 drops of the Lavender Almond Massage Oil.
- Mix thoroughly with finger.
- Use finger (or easy tip applicator shown below) to dab above, around and below the eyes. USE A SMALL AMOUNT. DO NOT GET ANY IN THE EYES.
- Let the layer dry.
- Add another layer and let dry. Repeat once more if desired.
- You will feel the eyes tightening as it dries. Leave on as long as desired.
- When ready, dab off egg white mixture using a wet wash cloth or cotton ball. *Do not rinse with a lot of water as any un-absorbed essential oil may run into you eyes.
There you have it, my home remedies sagging eyelids. I do this routine at least three times a week.
Products I use for my home remedy drooping eyelids and Puffy Eyes:
The small rubbermaid container is MY FAVORITE container in the world! I use it for small craft supplies, small amounts of leftover food and well just about anything else that doesn’t need a regular size container.
The Second Remedy: Home Remedies Sagging Eyelids Relief and Puffy Eyes:
EYE EXERCISES. It takes time for results to show and in addition to the egg white and essential oil treatment, I strongly recommend eye exercises. Check out YouTube for ideas on that or see the books available below. It is essential to do eye movements that are not part of our regular every day focus to strengthen eye muscles and also alleviate eye stress. This mixed with the egg white and essential oil mask will work wonders.
**If you try these remedies over a long period of time, please share your results here!