Simple and Quick Natural Ways to Eliminate Urine Smell in Bathroom
Of all the unpleasant odors in a bathroom, needing to know how to eliminate urine smell in the bathroom is very important.
While playing around with essential oils, I found a few golden keys to get rid of bathroom smell and keep the bathroom smelling clean.
Chemical Free Bathroom Cleaner to Eliminate Urine Smell from Bathroom
Here is a natural way to not only get rid of bathroom smell but it also offers a homemade chemical free bathroom cleaner.
Chemical Free Bathroom Cleaner to Get Urine Smell out of Bathroom Supplies List:
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Vinegar (common white)
- Baking Soda (not powder)
- Empty Spice Container (*optional)
- Glass Spray bottle (*can be a re-used spray bottle but they don’t spray as well as this type of bottle as well, some essential oils can leak through plastic containers. Also the bottle should not be completely clear, sunlight can accelerate the expiration of the oils.)
*Recipe is for 1 oz bottle; adjust as needed.
- Fill your one ounce glass bottle with white vinegar, but not quiet full. Leave space for essential oils. Add in 1/2 tsp of Lemon Essential Oil and 1/2 tsp of Tea Tree Oil. These are you germ destroyers.
- Use this mixture to wipe off counter tops, sinks and toilet as a germ remover and fragrant re-freshener. **Shake bottle each time as oil and vinegar are just like water and oil.
Baking Soda – Essential for Toilet Cleaning
For easier and even spread of baking soda, use an empty spice/herb container. The holes are the perfect size for distribution.
You can keep your essential oils mix spray bottle and your baking soda in a bathroom cabinet or even under the sink for quicker cleanups.
- On occasions when you are trying to remove hard water build up in a toilet, you might have to use additional vinegar and baking soda on those type of issues for a deeper cleanse.
To clean the toilet to get urine smell out of bathroom:
- Spray outside of the toilet with the lemon, tea tree oil and vinegar mix (be sure to shake it up first).
- Let that sit for about five minutes.
- Completely wipe down toilet.
- Add more spray on difficult areas.
- When done you can also add more lemon essential oil to the toilet and rub it in for a better smell.
- If any areas around the toilet seem to not be as clean as you like, or if you still smell urine; Repeat spraying the essential oil mixture, let it set and wipe it off.
To clean the inside of the toilet (bowl) – LEAST FAVORITE CHORE EVER!!!:
- Spray inside of bowl with essential oil mixture.
- Using your shaker of baking soda spread it around the bowl. You may hear fizzing sounds; this is the natural chemical reaction that helps to remove debris. The essential oils are what kills the germs.
- If your toilet is very dirty, you may first spray the toilet with the mixture, then a thicker layer of baking soda, then a larger amount of vinegar for a larger natural chemical reaction.
- After letting this sit for five to ten minutes, use your toilet brush and clean out the toilet. Voila – clean smelling toilet. **Add more lemon essential oil to toilet and rub in if a more fragrant smell is desired.
Keep Bathroom Smelling Clean:
You can keep your bathroom smelling clean by dousing a Q-tip in essential oil or a mixture of oils and applying it to the inside of a toilet paper roll! It lasts for days and is easy to re-ad. You can also do this to the inside of a Kleenex box!
Plant Therapy USDA Certified Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil. Holiday Season Synergy Essential Oil Blend 10 ml (1/3 oz) 100% Pure, UndilutedPlant Therapy Cinnamon Cassia Essential Oil. 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade. 10 ml (1/3 oz).
The Holiday Season Essential Oil shown above is DIVINE at Christmas time even Thanksgiving! It can also be placed into a diffuser in any room can smell like the holidays!
Keep Bathroom Smelling Clean Longterm:
Now that you know how to get the urine smell out of the bathroom, you can easily create a routine to keep your bathroom smelling clean: Simply, spray, wipe and repeat. Do this on the counter tops, toilet, sink and even the bathtub.
To further keep it smelling clean, remember the q-tip and Kleenex box trick and not only will it smell clean, but of a delight fragrance as well.
Don’t forget to visit our Basic Essential Oils Care Set Page to learn about a basic set of essential oils that you can buy to use for 800 recipes to natural healthy lifestyle and clean home and office.
~ Keeping it Clean, Naturally!